Thursday 10 July 2008

Is your Intuition called Superstition by the Other?

“Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding — a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science.” Abella Arthur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_%28knowledge%29

Intuition (philosophy)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Intuition is the act by which the mind perceives the agreement or disagreement of two ideas. When using only intuition, the truth of the proposition is immediately known right then, the moment it is presented. This is without the intervention of other ideas or deductive reasoning.[1]
In common usage, intuitions lead us to believe things without being able to articulate evidence or reasons for those beliefs (see intuition (knowledge). In philosophy, the epistemic credentials of various types of intuition may be investigated, or "intuition" may be used as a technical term. Intuitions are distinguished from beliefs, since we can hold beliefs which are not intuitive, or have intuitions for propositions that we know to be false.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_%28philosophy%29

My intentions are good, I use my intuition
It takes me for a ride
But I never understood other people's superstition
It seemed like suicide
And as I play the game of life
I try to make it better each and every day
And when I struggle in the night
The magic of the music seems to light the way
Intuition takes me there
Intuition takes me everywhere
Well my instincts are fine I had to learn to use them in order to survive
And time after time confirmed an old suspicion
It's good to be alive
And when I'm deep down and out and lose communication
With nothing left to say
It's then I realize it's only a condition
Of seeing things that way
Intuition takes me there
Intuition takes me everywhere

Question: Is your Intuition called Superstition by the Other?

No comments: