Friday 11 July 2008

In the Groove

Flow (psychology)

Flow is the mental state of operation in which the person is fully immersed in what he or she is doing by a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity. Proposed by positive psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, the concept has been widely referenced across a variety of fields[1].
Colloquial terms for this or similar mental states include: to be on the ball, in the zone, or in the groove.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29


Extract:

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more."

1 comment:

Perseus said...

The busy Beaver can mess up the flow. And he surely does, because he is so busy and that is the way that he is. ENFJ/ENTJ junction.

See Morph Shifting thread.