Thursday 21 January 2010

Petrolhead Tanks

Petrolhead Tanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeTheDog View Post
http://forums.intpcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1301653#post1301653

Hmm. You usually use your shadow functions. The logical explanation for that, to me, is that because you are in a stressful situation that is caused by behaving the way you usually do, you see no way out but to act in a diametrically oposite way to get out of it again. This should be uniformly true for every MBTI type out there.

To be honest, I can't imagine how SJ's think. If they do at all. It's difficult to think from the starting point of having such thought processes. So what I said probably isn't true, and just a nice coincidence.

It doesn't invalidate the rest of what I said, though. Just that I should leave the neurology to the neurologists.


Under stress I tend to use Extreme Logic. Or metaphorical descriptions, e.g. the ESFJ as an Elephant on an irrational rampage. The adversary cannot be engaged in a rational discussion, cause he will blow his trumpet and charge. These ESFJ are also called Petrolheads.

An example of their behaviour can be found at:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/48594...f_Sussex_road/

It is not advised to behave in the diametrically opposite way. It would be out of character and I would be at a disadvantage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I agree with the way petrolhead is being used. In the UK that term is often used to describe someone that is very knowledgeable about cars, bikes etc. For example your local mechanic. The term is not generally associated with negative behaviour.

Perseus said...

Top Gear is a Petrolhead. Hell's Angel's are Horsemen. The best they can aspire to is Chiron the Centaur.

Perseus said...

Addenda.

Mechanics are ISTP. My favourite neighbour. (INTP)