Thursday 14 January 2010

Ghosts in the Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by perennialurker View Post
If you want to limit all of your social interactions and/or relationships to just those who fit based on a predetermined (not to mention empirically unproven) theory of compatibility, that is certainly your prerogative. I am simply offering a different perspective. I am not sure if your regarding my analysis as being "contemporary" is intended to be a criticism or not, but clearly my perspective is much older and therefore has far more analysis and evidence of success to back up my claims.

ENFPs are free to use your less "contemporary", "bigger picture", (whatever that is supposed to mean), unproven approach, or if they want successful relationships (not to mention freedom of choice) they can use the proven perspective I have suggested. There is a market for everyone's ideas and preferences.
My perception says that neither method is proven. I would use the methods combined. Your method is Intuition and therefore a political event.

N depends on the context. Intuition in the Thieves Kitchen is different from the Community Project. Intuition for the Druids (Conservatives), Romans (Labour) and Saxons (Liberal) is all based on a different social system. Contemporary in England, UK, is marriage, property rights, ownership. I think the Native Americans had a different outlook.

I am Liberal to a degree.

More to the point, I have tried the first method and for me with a high P, it had shortcomings and did not prove sufficient detailed. I thought that your perspective would work, but this ignored rather fixed cognitive processes which are so far ingrained in the personality that very few people seem to overcome them. They tend to mask their underlying world view and act out a part in a play. In this way their personality type is hidden until you know the person better. Not only that there are ghosts in the machine (existential personality).

"Oh you can't miss him Mrs. Chumley. He's a Pooka"
"A Pooka? Is that something new?
"No no, as I understand it that's something very old"

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0052519/


http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-forum-inspirers/278-love-types-enfp-3.html#post231131

No comments: