Wednesday 31 March 2010

Turkey Shoot



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nymph View Post
I'm having problems with my mother.
She thinks I need to go on meds for being 'bipolar'
Or whenever I have a 'down' day she's always..
"Well maybe you should take a wellbutrin (or prozac or etc.)"
She's a pharmacist, as is my father, so they know their drugs pretty well.

I keep explaining that part of being ME is that I need to have days that I just tune down.
She's convinced something is wrong with me, though.
I keep telling her when she gets on me about it but she always says something like
"fine fine... I just think that.."
And she'll detail something I screwed up and attribute it to my having a down day.

How do I go about convincing my mother I do not need drugs to work right?
Last time I was put on meds I had to have other meds to counteract those and I ended up on 7 different medications.
Suffice to say, I'm cold turkey now and I love it.
I'd hate to go back to being a medicated pill popping... zombie.

Yes, so, Help?
Also, any of you have this trouble before?
Tell them they are still living in the 20th century. Only Bears ISTP can get Bi-polar and only Polar Bears at that!

The ISTJ savage the ENFPs, although chemists are often "cold shower" INTPs.

Strictly, according to Perseus, it is only INFJ - INTJ spectrum that can go "turkey", hot or cold.

No comments: